Monday 9 June 2014

May Overview


I'm a little late with this post, as we are already over a week into June, but better late than never, eh

May has definitely been one of my favourites months so far this year. The weather has mostly been lovely. I've spent some quality time with my family and friends and I'm looking forward to a well earned week off work soon!

I've actually really made an effort with my saving and so far I've managed to keep on track with the #52weeksavingschallenge. I'm currently on week 22 and have saved £253. I've also been putting a little more aside each month just to see if I can survive the month without it and so far it seems to be a success.

At the beginning of May, my friends Carly, Paul and I went on a day trip to London to take in some sights and do a spot of shopping. We visited the Tower of London and learnt all about it's history, stuffed our faces with chocolate in M&M world, Leicester Square and wandered round Carnaby Street ending up in The Diner for lunch. It was a beautiful sunny day and was lovely to wander round and be a tourist in a place where if I visit I'm usually passing through or on my way to somewhere specific.

Things were pretty limited on the beauty front in May as I have been attempting to use up products in my ever growing stash. I did get the opportunity to review an amazing facial moisturiser from Ole Henrikson which has been on my face every day since it landed on my doorstep. As it was such lovely weather I also pulled out my favourite Essie shade, Watermelon which has been on my toes whilst I've been sporting pretty sandals.

May was also a great month because I was able to attend a bloggers meet up in Southampton. My closest Ikea is in Southampton and I prefer the shopping there to Bournemouth. The meet up was held in The Orange Rooms in Bedford Place. I met some lovely girls and found some great new blogs to read.

I've really enjoyed May and hopefully June will be just as fun!


What did you enjoy in May?



Twitter/Facebook/Instagram

1 comment:

  1. Always love these round up posts! Well done on saving so much, I wish I'd managed it, definitely need to attempt the 52 week challenge! Sounds like you had a lovely month, agree with you about the weather it's been so nice. I hope it carries through into June. Have another lovely month :)

    missisgoode.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete