Monday 16 June 2014

Batiste | The Marmite Product


I've always had a bit of a love/hate relationship with Batiste and consider it to be a bit of a marmite product, you either love it or you hate it. My on and off affair with it started a few years ago when hubby and I weren't living together and we always staying round each others uni houses. It was too much of an effort for me to take everything with me to have a shower so I took along a can of Batiste so I could give me hair a quick clean before I headed off to uni. I am religious about washing my hair everyday and hated knowing that my hair wasn't clean, it just had a horrible greasy feel which I then just associated with the Batiste, so I never bought another can.

A few weeks ago, at the Southampton Bloggers Meet Up I received a can of Tropical Batiste in my goody bag so I decided I would give it another go. Instead this time I washed my hair like normal and used it as a hair perfume instead. The tropical scent makes me think of holidays and whilst I'm at work I can imagine myself somewhere far away (like in the Duke Dumont, I Got U video). Using it this way was much more appealing to me as I still had that freshly washed feeling and beautiful smelling hair!

I think there is definitely a time and a place for this kind of product, like travelling or festivals and I'm coming round to the idea of using it for it's intended purpose again soon but for now, unfortunately I'm still not overly convinced. Sorry Batiste lovers.


Do you use Batiste? 
What is your favourite scent?



Twitter/Facebook/Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment