Wednesday 14 May 2014

My Dream Dressing Table

My current make up set up believe it or not consists of me sitting cross-legged on the floor in front of my full length mirror pulling the contents of my face out of my make up bag one at a time. All my other products that I don't use frequently are stuffed into boxes - not very blogger friendly. Even hubby has said that it's time to sort me out a proper set up and my aim over the next few months is to put together some money to finally purchase my dream make up set up.

So I've been thinking about what I would like to have in my little make up corner and have created a little wish list of products that will help me create my dream dressing table.

Firstly we have the dressing table, I think pretty much every blogger dreams of having the IKEA Malm Dressing Table, it's blogger photography friendly, has a glass top to clean up all the any mess I might make and has handy drawer space underneath where I can store all my unused products.

On top of the dressing table in addition to my No7 make up mirror I'd like to get the IKEA Tysnes Table Mirror, as I'm completely blind without glasses or contact lenses, I need a mirror I can put really close to my face so that I can actually see what I'm doing!

I'm also after a Muji Acrylic 5 Drawer Box, I love that it's clear so I would be able to see what products I have, rather than storing them in boxes and I can get organised and fill each drawer with a different make up product.

Finishing touches I would like to add are a little Ensidig Milk Bottle Vase with some Smycka Flowers in to add a splash of colour. The Smycka flowers are just like the ones I had on my wedding day almost two years ago now. The little pink and green pots are actually candle holders but I would like to use them to store my make up brushes and make up remover pads. Lastly, I'd love to get a pretty, large glass jar that I can fill with all my nail polishes so that I can see them all on my desk.


What do you think to my dream dressing table design?
Do you have one like this yourself?


4 comments:

  1. I've never seen that mirror at IKEA before but it looks so cute!
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect furniture for an inspiring beauty space :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the items I have an acrylic drawer box but use it for some of my jewellery http://www.joannavictoria.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this table, but I've heard that the drawer doesn't come out very far and that would annoy me. I love the candle holders.
    Rubi x
    The Den

    ReplyDelete