Friday 23 May 2014

Blogging On A Budget


Blogging can sometimes be a bit tight on the ol' purse strings so it's important to stick to a budget you can work with. I thought I would share with you some of the ways I can blog but not break the bank...

Samples
Samples are everywhere, I find that most beauty counters and department stores are willing to give out samples as they want to keep you coming back. Samples are a great way of trying a product without having to splash out the full amount. It gives you a chance of seeing if the product is right for you so either way you are a winner, if you love it you can spend your pennies, if you don't you spend them on something else. 

Voucher Codes
Whenever I shop online I do a quick search to see if there are any promotional vouchers for that website. Sometimes you can get money off, or free delivery and if you're a student you can usually find websites that offer 10% off. As so many products are available on so many different websites, you're almost guaranteed to find at least a little discount.

Points Cards - Boots, Debenhams etc
I love reward cards, I dedicated a whole post to my favourite beauty reward cards recently so I won't ramble on too much about them now. Boots is most definitely my favourite, I usually build up enough points to buy something and then spend them but I've been really good this year and have managed to save some up. I'm not quite sure what I want to spend them on yet but when I've got a craving to spend and no money in my pocket I'm going to whip this out!

Blog Sales
Blog sales are a great way to get products that little bit cheaper. I've definitely been guilty of buying a product and then just not using it. I've only held one blog sale in the past but I sold quite a few products on it. I always check out blog sale posts when they come up on blogs I read, to see if there are any products I'd like to try but not pay full price for - usually there is only a small amount of product gone and you can get some great bargains.


Do you do any of these things? 
Do you set a specific budget for your blog?



Twitter/Facebook/Instagram

2 comments:

  1. I always forget to ask for free samples so this has served as a great reminder! :') Similarly with the points cards, I'm always forgetting to use them and I feel ridiculous missing out on all the points!

    Ellie xx | http://theleobeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really great tips! I've recently started a bit of a spending ban to slow down my stash, so it's made me rummage through my beauty collection to find the things I never tried and never blogged about!

    Stephanie
    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3436251
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete