Sunday 27 April 2014

This Week I...#17


This week has been a lovely short week at work as I had Bank Holiday Monday off. I spent the day being lazy, planning blog posts and watching Gossip Girl. I'm only on season 2 so I've got a long way to go but it was nice to get back into it again.

On Wednesday this week, my friend and work colleague Michelle and I held a bake sale to raise money for dementia patients at the hospital we work in. We managed to rope in quite a few of our work colleagues to make cakes too, I sampled the one on the left which was lovely, and I made the ones in the middle photo for people to purchase. The sale was a big success and we raised a grand total of £48.48. Every £5 that was raised buys a pair of slippers for a patient so we raised enough to buy 9 pairs (and a little left over to go towards the next pair). We felt quite proud of ourselves, I love being able to do my bit.

On the blog this week I have mostly been talking about nail polish! I wrote about my favourite nail varnish brands in my nail polish hall of fame post and reviewed Nails Inc Baker Street. I tried to incorporate a little bit of lifestyle this week too by chatting about my top tv picks at the moment which I am going to make into a monthly feature. I can't wait to watch the season finale of The Following on Tuesday. I have no idea what is going to happen!

Next weekend I am off to London with two of my lovely friends, we are planning on visiting The Tower of London, doing a spot of shopping and generally getting our tourist on!


What have you been up to this week?



Twitter/Facebook/Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment