Wednesday 23 April 2014

High Street Nail Polish Hall of Fame


I doubt that it's any surprise that I am a huge nail polish addict! I have way too many! I've not counted them up for a long while but I'm sure I must be into the hundreds by now.I've picked out a few of my favourite brands to talk to you about today, sort of like a little awards ceremony for nail polish featuring several different categories!

Best all round quality - Essie
It will probably come as no surprise to you that my favourite all round nail polishes are Essie. I love the shades, names, the pretty bottles, the size of the brushes, the consistency and longevity (is it possible to name anything else!) The only thing I don't particularly like is the price but this is actually good for me as it limits how many I buy and makes sure that I get good use out of each and every one!

Best budget range - Barry M
At £2.99 or £3.99 each, these are definitely the most purse friendly polishes. I have found that they can be a bit hit and miss, some I love, some I hate. I'm yet to try the most recent silk collection which is a collection of pretty pastels. I love the Gelly polishes and frequently wear Pomegranate and Dragon Fruit.

Best shade range - L'Oreal Color Riche
I love popping into Boots and heading for the L'Oreal stand and just staring at the beautiful array of colours (does that make me weird?!) In my local Boots (as I'm sure most Boots) they're all arranged in colours of the rainbow and this just makes me want them all! At £4.99 each it would be possible to buy all of them eventually!

Best collections - Models Own
Pastel, neon, firework, speckled egg, velvet goth, hypergel...need I go on? I haven't come across a brand with so many different collections as Model's Own. I usually end up buying at least one polish from each collection, and then go back for more!

Best fashion brand polish - Topshop
 I struggled to come up with a name for this category, but what I wanted to get across was my favourite polish that you can buy in a high street store. I've tried Accessorize and Primark etc but Topshop is just miles ahead in the polish stakes. The bottles are attractive and stand out in my collection and there are lots of colours to choose from. At £6 there a little on the expensive side but in line with brands like Model's Own and Essie.
 

What are your favourite nail polish brands?


6 comments:

  1. I love Barry M. The colours from Essie and Models Own are beautiful but they just never last on my nails :( Within 24 hours they've chipped, Barry M definitely wins for me, lasts ages, great colours and good price ^_^

    Juyey Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Barry M and L'oreal polishes. I need to try more from Essie, I currently have 2 from them and they are lovely.
    Rubi x
    The Den

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love essie and opi nail polishes

    http://prettypurple92.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post! I definitely need to update my collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love high street nail polish & think you can get some great value & quality polishes. BarryM are so good & their colour range is fab too. Same with Topshop these are gorgeous & their packaging wins for me. Great post xx
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm yet to try any of the Topshop nail polishes but I've read such great things about them, I may have to give them a go :) lovely post!
    Bea x

    Bea's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete