Wednesday 1 January 2014

New Years Resolutions: 2014


Happy New Year everyone! I hope you had a lovely time celebrating last night whatever you were up to. I was working yesterday evening but finished a little early to have a lovely home cooked meal with my husband and watch the countdown to the New Year on TV. I'm still recovering from my cold/virus so it was the perfect way to spend New Years!

If you've been reading my blog since last year, (and read my 2013 resolution post) you may have noticed that I failed quite miserably at last years resolutions, but I've decided to move on from that (quickly) and start afresh. I think these goals are a little more manageable!


Join my work pension scheme
I've been in my current job for five years now and I still haven't joined my pension scheme. As I'm slowly creeping towards the big three-oh I think its increasingly more important to invest in my future and I think this is a good place to start.

Give Blood
Working in a laboratory where we provide blood to patients, I've realised the importance of giving blood. Did you know that one bag of blood costs about £130?! Health issues have prevented me from doing this in the past but come new year i'll be giving some of mine up to help someone else!

Reply to blog comments more
I always love receiving comments on my blog and I always feel guilty when I don't reply to them. This year I'm definitely going to make more of an effort to reply to you all, especially as you're all the reason why I love blogging so much!

Use instagram more
I really want to take more photos over the next year and what better way to show them all to you than using instagram. I've only just got an instagram app for my phone (windows phone hasn't done one until now) but I'll definitely be uploading lots of photos.

Sort my skincare routine out
My skin has really been suffering over the last year and I've decided that 2014 is going to be the year when I spend a bit more money on better products. Keep your eyes peeled for more skincare posts this year!

Hopefully I will be able to stick to these ones, i'll keep you updated!


Have you made any New Years Resolutions this year?



Twitter/Facebook/Instagram

5 comments:

  1. I'm turning 17 this month and I'll be donating blood at the next blood drive after my birthday, so important ! I wish you all the best with your goals for 2014!
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good list to have and giving blood is just so important, I should really go back and do it too x
    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year! (:

    Good luck with your resolutions!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine is to save money for once. I've actually never thought about it but I must now.

    I was wondering if you would like to swap blog buttons for the month of Jan?Starting Jan 1 I am swapping buttons with a few bloggers so we can all gain some exposure. If would like to then email me at shivani@glamdiaries.com

    Happy New Year! :)

    ~ Shivani (GlamDiaries.com)

    ReplyDelete