Saturday 18 January 2014

Moments That Mattered: 2013


I've never done a reflection post before, so when I saw that Hannah from Away with the Fairies was running a competition in association with Lloyds Bank to win an iPad Mini by writing a post about the "Moments That Mattered" over the last year I was excited to give it a try.

 2013 was definitely a bit of a roller coaster ride for me, there were ups and downs (thankfully mostly ups!) I got to spend some lovely quality time with my family as there were several milestone birthdays and events, I got to try my hand at some new skills and give back to my local community.

February saw my husband's 30th birthday where I had a special cake made in the shape of Lewis Hamilton's race helmet. I have never had a professional cake made before and it was amazing. It's definitely got me interested in baking and I would love to make my own cakes one day! I also got to meet the lovely Jaye and Becca in February at a Benefit blogger event in Bournemouth and we have been on several adventures since. I love how blogging has introduced me to lots of like minded people who have since become great friends!

April was a month where I gave something back to my local community. After months of planning, hubby and I helped organise an American Football youth training session with our local team The Bournemouth Bobcats and invited ex Philadelphia Eagles Fullback and Sky Sports NFL pundit, Cecil Martin to come down and conduct the session. It was a big success with lots of young players coming down to get a feel for the game with the hope of joining the junior team. The session also got featured in our local paper, The Bournemouth Echo which was really exciting!

May was the worst month of the year for me as my flat got broken into. I was at home on my own at the time and I can honestly say it was the most frightening experience of my life. Luckily nothing got stolen because as soon as the burglar saw me he ran away but I couldn't return to my flat without having a panic attack. My family were amazing during this time and offered their home to me and my hubby, we have since moved and are a lot happier with where we are living now. I am slowly beginning to get used to being on my own again in the new flat but I still get really anxious when I am home on my own and there is a knock on the door, I'm hoping that I will get my full confidence back soon.

Putting May behind us, June was a big month for celebrations it was our first wedding anniversary and my little sister's 21st birthday on the same day! We celebrated by having a family holiday at Center Parcs in Longleat. I got to try field archery, which is where instead of hitting a normal ringed target we had to aim at rubber animals like bears and deer which were hidden in Longleat forest. I was coming last right up until the end when I managed to get the bonus target shot and jumped from last to second!

September saw my birthday and my first visit to Wembley stadium in London which meant an item ticked off my 30 before 30 list! I never realised how big the stadium was until I was inside. I watched my first two live NFL games and I'm lucky enough to be going again in November this year!

December was a great time for family, my sisters were both home from University after graduating from their courses. My youngest sister is now carrying on to get a masters degree and I'm really proud of her! I also reached 500 followers on my blog on the 1st December which was a great early Christmas present!

I'm really glad I got to take part in this competition as it has really made me appreciate all the lovely moments that happened over the last year and the love and support my family have given me..if you're reading this, thank-you!



No comments:

Post a Comment