Wednesday 18 December 2013

#bigblogmasproject Day 18 | Bourjois Cream Eyeshadow Petale De Glace


You might remember this little beauty from my recent London Haul, we'll I've been giving it a go over the last week and I'm finally ready to share my thoughts with you all. Becca also purchased one on our shopping trip and we agreed not to talk to each other about it until we had written our posts, so make sure you head over to her blog to check out what she thought too!

I have a little confession to make...this is my first ever cream eyeshadow (shock, horror!) I've just never really been interested in them, but after seeing posts start to pop up on Becca's blog on MAC's Rubenesque and Idyllic paintpots I decided I wanted to give one a try. On our trip to London we ventured into MAC on Carnaby Street to find me one but after decorating my entire right hand in swatches I still wasn't convinced I had found the perfect colour!

Feeling a little disappointed we then made our way to Boots and both fell in love with Bourjois 24H Colour Edition shadow in Petale De Glace. There are six shades available in this collection and I think this is one of the most work friendly shades for me. In the pot the shade looks like a metallic brown, but once applied to the finger or eyelid its more of a neutral shade with some light mauve metallic hues.

The shadow claims to be a cream to powder but I wouldn't say that the formula changed from cream to powder once applied. That being said though, it does last a long time. I put mine on in the morning before work and by the end of the working day it's still going strong. I have read several reviews about these shadows creasing but I can honestly say I haven't had any issues with this.

The one thing I don't like about it, is that because it is applied by my finger I feel like it is quite wasteful. I am yet to find a brush or applicator that I can use to effectively transfer the right amount of shadow and without it just getting stuck to the brush!

The Bourjois 24H Colour Edition shadows are priced at £6.99 each which is great value for money as they will last an extremely long time. I've got my eye on Prune Nocturne next which looks like a lovely cranberry colour shadow.

Have you tried any of these yet?



Twitter/Facebook/Instagram

4 comments:

  1. This formula is amazing - so light weight and creamy and it wears well throughout the day, and I'll definitely pick up this shade as well :o). Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. These eye shadows look lovely, only thing that would bother me is - Because it's a cream based eye-shadow they might crease?
    PS Blogger/Beauty Addict!Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! ❄

    ReplyDelete
  3. This colour really reminds me of on and bronze from the maybelline color tattoo range!

    Jamie-Lee | Glitter Infatuation | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently bought this and the silver looking shade (I'm useless at trying to pronounce or remember the shade names!) and I love them both x

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete