Friday 13 December 2013

#bigblogmasproject Day 13 | Festive Favourites

image from we heart it

I love the festive season, everyone seems so happy and there is always such a great atmosphere! I've put together a list of ten things I love the most about this time of year.

Sunny wintery days
You know those days that are really cold but still sunny and dry, they are the best days! 

Wrapping up warm in coats and scarves
I love winter fashion, cosy knits, big scarves, pretty gloves and hats. 

Looking at pretty Christmas lights
I love walking home from work when its dark outside and everyone has their Christmas decorations up. I love to be nosy and see what colour schemes they use and if they have any crafty ideas!

Shopping for Christmas decorations
We have the same multicoloured scheme every year but we usually buy one new bauble each Christmas. I love browsing Haskins Garden Centre or B&Q for decorations, they always have the best ones!

Putting up the tree
Hubby always makes me wait until the first Sunday in December to put up the tree. Thankfully this year that was the 1st December! I love getting it out, assembling it, popping the star on top and putting all my colourful decorations on!

Wrapping presents
Yes, I'm one of those people that loves wrapping presents. I even get to wrap hubby' families presents but I draw the line at wrapping up my own ones from him!

Christmas baking
I love baking cakes and biscuits at Christmas it fills the house with so many Christmassy smells. I love cinnamon but only really use it at Christmas. I'm going to try and make some Christmassy cupcakes this year.

Watching Christmas films
Miracle on 34th Street, Elf, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, The Polar Express to name a few. It's so nice to cosy up on the sofa with the twinkly Christmas tree lights at watch some films when it's cold outside and everyone is rushing around doing Christmas shopping!

Visiting Christmas Markets
There is a Christmas market in Bournemouth but I don't think it is as big as last year. I'm hoping to go to the Winchester one as its a lot bigger. I'm hoping I can make time for it one weekend before the 25th!

Trying festive drinks
Until this year I hadn't ever tried a festive drink but I'm definitely going to try and get a few more in this year before they disappear!

What are your festive favourites?



Twitter/Facebook/Instagram

1 comment:

  1. I love buying a new special Christmas bauble each year, didn't end up buying one this year but I did try my hand at making some beaded ones which turned out better than I had imagined! Next week i'm going to start my mission of Christmas baking!

    ReplyDelete