Wednesday 11 September 2013

Topshop Lipstick | Beguiled


I've heard a lot of good things about Topshop make-up and I've got a nice little collection of their nail varnishes and a blush so I thought I would branch out a little more and try one of their lipsticks next. 

I picked up the shade Begiled, which is a plum/wine shade, its been likened to MAC's Rebel which I'm yet to try but hoping to pick up for my birthday. I love the shade, it swatches really nicely and looks really pretty on my lips BUT I have found that not long after application it gathers around the edge of my lips and just looks like I'm wearing lip liner on its own. 

As I'm not really used to wearing lipsticks and mainly wear glosses I need to ask, is this normal for lipsticks?? Can it be rectified by applying using a brush instead of from the bullet? Or is this just because it's not a very good lipstick?? Any info would be really appreciated!

This lipstick costs £8 and can be purchased from the Topshop website here or in selected Topshop stores.

Have you tried any Topshop lipsticks? What shades do you own?

5 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely shade. I've been eyeing up Rebel recently but I'm scared it'll be a little too bold for me so I may pick this up as a cheaper alternative :) I have the Topshop lipstick in Secret Admirer and I must admit, it does tend to settle in the lines and cracks of my lips, particularly around the corners so I think it could be something to do with the formula of Topshop lippies. Raspberrykiss xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty much all lipsticks I've tried do that so it's ok! This is a gorgeous colour!

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I love Topshop lipticks. Beguiled looks amazing on you. x

    Shang J.| The Feminine Crusade

    ReplyDelete