Tuesday 27 August 2013

Blogger Meet | #southamptonmeetup

All photos taken by the lovely Paige as my camera has decided to die :(

On Saturday I attended a bloggy meet up in Southampton organised by the lovely Hannah who is fantastic at organising blogger meet ups (I have attended several of hers). I met up with Becca and Ashleigh in Southampton High Street and then we headed over to the meet up location which was The Orange Rooms.

 It was great to see old faces (as I hadn't really seen anyone since the last meet up in February) and meet some new ones - I've got lots more blogs to check out now! We started off introducing ourselves and our blogs and then Hannah had devised an ice breaker game where we chose a question or topic and then what our thoughts were on it. I got "Do you think bloggers should be paid for posts?" and "What is your dream holiday destination?" The getting paid for posts question certainly got people talking over in our corner!

We all then had a bit of lunch, I was absolutely starving after waking up at six to finish the cake pops I made for the girls goody bags! I had a Big Bad BBQ Burger which was awesome! BBQ sauce, bacon and giant onion rings in a burger - heaven!

After we had all stuffed our faces, Hannah had devised a little quiz for us so we split up into three teams and answered questions on blogging and general knowledge. When it came to the scores, we all tied! So there was a tie-breaker question, which unfortunately we didn't get right but we came second.

Finally there was an award for the best blogger (we all voted when we arrived) and that was won by Paige (make sure you check out her illustrations, they're amazing!) and she won some lights from Cable and Cotton.

When it was time to leave we all received a #southamptonmeetup goody bag. I was so lucky and received a Benefit foundation brush, Lush perfume, Pretty Polly tights, Eyelure eyelashes and a beautiful vintage necklace. Thank you to My Curves and Me for contributing to the goody bags.

I had a great day and can't wait for the next meet up!

4 comments:

  1. Love a blogger meet up! so fun meeting like minder others who get the whole blogging thing x

    Kirsty www.rockit-style.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great time Holly. I would love to go to a blogger meet-up sometime, although I would be very nervous! Carly. Xx

    Carly's Beauty World

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to go to a meet up. I work in an aquarium so I love the fish tank. Never actually seen one in a restaurant/bar that's so well kept, I'm impressed.

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'd love to go to a blogger meet up, they sound so fun! Oh and the description of that burger made my mouth water haha! - Nice to know you had such a good time! Can't wait to read about the next one :)

    - Han x

    ReplyDelete